Yes, it’s Thanksgiving 2007 which got me thinking about the last year and what I have to be thankful for (photographically speaking of course.)
1. Film is still being made (YEAH) and seems to be having something of a renaissance.
2. Only one new version of Photoshop to upgrade to in 07 ( I skipped it anyways).
3. No major upgrades required for hardware or software.
4. Most new papers sucked or were rebranded previous offerings so I saved on costly testing and re-testing.
5. Photo Expo Plus in NYC was so boring that very little caught my eye or pocket book (thank god!)
6. My Leica lenses are still king and the new Nikon and Canon offerings are so not for me…no thank you.
7. My printing platform (The d’Vinci Printer) will continue to rock in to 2008 and beyond so no thank you to Mr. Epson, Mr. Canon or Mrs. HP.
So when I stuff my pie hole on Turkey day with too much food and drink and congratulate my self on accomplishments both real and imaginary as a photographer and artist I can also thank the Photographic Industrial Complex for making 2007 one least inspiring technologically and one cheapest years I can remember…now that is something to be really thankful for!